Builders Warehouse opens its first store in Zambia
- Comments Off on Builders Warehouse opens its first store in Zambia
On Thursday, 26 November Builders Warehouse opened its first store in Zambia creating 156 jobs. Located at the East Park Shopping Mall in Lusaka, it is the sixth Builders Warehouse store outside of South Africa and the 39th Builders Warehouse store overall.
The arrival of Builders Warehouse in Lusaka will give customers a new shopping experience by offering a comprehensive range of quality home improvement, DIY and building products, all under one roof.
“We are delighted to bring our Builders format to Zambia and are excited by the opportunity to create jobs. We have been looking forward to bringing our customers in Lusaka the best choice at the most competitive prices possible, while offering the signature Builders shopping experience” said Karen Ferrini, Africa Director for Builders.
The new store has a trading area of 4 665 m² and an additional external yard area of 6 393 m² which includes a wide variety of categories such as bathroom, building materials including cement, décor, electrical, flooring (tiles, laminates and carpets), hand and power tools, hardware, kitchen, lighting, outdoor, paint, plumbing, civil, pool, plumbing and security.
Builders Warehouse also encourages continuous engagement with the local communities that it serves and is specifically committed to supporting initiatives that focus on building and renovation projects. Builders Warehouse Lusaka invested K15 000 in Mtendere Community School as well as Chikumbuso Women and Orphanage Project to assist with renovations of their premises.
For Media Enquiries
Massmart Communication Manager
011 797 0170/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- The new Builders Warehouse store in Lusaka has engaged in sustainable activities to reduce the impact on our environment through energy efficiency, heat control efficiencies and water savings through a rainwater harvesting system;
- The store has been fitted with a 100% LED lights that will reduce the consumption of each light by 60%;
- The roof is fitted with daylight harvesting domes that will eliminate the necessity to have all the lights burning in the store;
- A state of the art Building Management System (BMS) has been installed which will regulate the switching on and off of lights in the store when the daylight harvesting domes do not harvest sufficient light inside the store. The system will also control the air conditioners in the store and regulate the temperature;
- Builders conducts sustainability screenings on all hardwood timber products to ensure that it meets the requirements of the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certification.
Builders forms part of Massmart Holdings Limited under the registered business name of Massbuild Pty Ltd. Massmart was founded in 1990 and is the second largest distributor of consumer goods in Africa. There are four complementary brands namely Builders Warehouse, Builders Express, Builders Trade Depot and Builders Superstore. Collectively these brands offer the largest range of quality products and services for the small to large building and maintenance contractor, home improvement and DIY enthusiast as well as garden or any other DIY related projects.