The CEO and CFO are the most senior decision-making Executives in the Group. With the help of the committee they deliberate, take decisions on or make recommendations on all matters of strategy and operations. Within the parameters described by our approved Delegation of Authority, the decisions or recommendations are sometimes referred to ourselves or our relevant Committee for final approval, while in other cases the power to take decisions is delegated to the CEO and CFO.
The Executive Committee assists the CEO and CFO with specific responsibilities including:
- Monitoring and measuring the structures, trends and performance of markets and competition;
- Strategic planning
- Defining, configuring, financing and structuring the Group’s portfolio of assets
- Shaping and approving the competitive strategies, growth and operating plans and budgets of the Divisions and functional departments
- Measuring, monitoring and taking proactive corrective action on Divisional performance
- Ensuring adequate risk management, internal controls, governance, compliance and ethical behaviour throughout the Group
- Shaping and approving succession plans and senior executive management appointments.
The Executive Committee consists of:
Whilst at Henley Jane was awarded the prize for outstanding academic achievement for leadership effectiveness and the prize for outstanding academic achievement for managing people.
Jane joined the Massmart Executive Committee in May 2015.