Massmart recognised that unethical practice in our internal operations and/or our supply chain has the potential to damage our brands, undermine stakeholder trust and tarnish the Group reputation. Our expected standard of ethical behavior is described in the Massmart Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Massmart Code of Ethical Conduct in IsiXhosa
- Massmart Code of Ethical Conduct in IsiZulu
- Massmart Code of Ethical Conduct in SeSotho
- Massmart Code of Ethical Conduct in Portuguese
In 2017 the Massmart Code of Ethical Conduct was revised to align it with the Walmart Statement of Ethics. This Code comprises of numerous sections: introduction, raising concerns and speaking out, leading with integrity in the -workplace, -marketplace and -communities, an index and full contact details.
We promote the principles and standards contained within this Code to both our employees and suppliers through activities that include:
- Appointed and trained an Ethics Officer at Group Level and Group Ethics Managers that service each division.
- Ethics reporting at Group and Divisional Boards, Social and Ethics Committee.
- Conducting employee surveys, displaying ethics awareness, conducting focused training and distributing a booklet of the Code to all new and existing employees with related promotional material
- Operating an anonymous Ethics Reporting Line and Ethics Guidance line
Ethics Guidance Line
|South Africa||0800100 200|
|Rest of Africa||+27 31 571 5481|
Ethics Reporting Line
There to help you report workplace dishonesty, fraud and other unethical behaviour
|South Africa||0800 20 32 46|
|Botswana||0800 600 644 BTC1144 Orange71119602 Mascom|
|Ghana||233-544 315 491|
|Kenya||0800 722 626
(Toll free from Safaricom Local rates from Essar and Airtel)
|Lesotho||80022055 Econet only+27 31 571 5488|
|Malawi||ZAIN TNM 847MTL 80000847|
|Namibia||0800 003 31308191847 Mobile MTC|
|Nigeria||+234 708 060 1872|
|Swaziland||SPTC 800 7006|
|Tanzania||TTCL 0800 110 025|
|Uganda||+27 31 571 5488|
|Rest of Africa||+27 31 571 5488|
|Rest of Africa||+27 72 014 4445|