STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INTERNAL COMPETITIONS:
- The promotor of this competition is Massmart Limited with its registered address at 16 Peltier Drive, Sunninghill, 2157 (hereinafter referred to as “Massmart”).
- All persons entering this Red Shoe competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”) agree to be bound by these competition terms and conditions.
- All entrants to the Competition are doing so entirely at their own risk.
- This competition commences on 12 November 2019 and ends on 29 November 2019.
- To enter the Competition, the entrants must take an innovative picture of themselves in red clothing.
- The winners of the Competition shall receive a hamper and/or gifts which may be differentiated based on the divisional participation.
- There are no entry fees to participate in the Competition.
- Only 1 (one) entry per entrant is allowed and no late entries will be accepted by Massmart.
- The Competition is only open to Massmart employees.
- The winners prize is not transferable, non-refundable, and non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. All prizes will be taxed in accordance with the relevant tax laws.
- The winner will be selected by a random draw and notified telephonically within 4 (four) weeks of the closing date. Massmart may, in its sole discretion, extend this date for any reason whatsoever.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Competition judges and Massmart is final and binding, and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- The entrant hereby consents to Massmart using and processing any personal information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 for processing of the entrants entry as stated herein as well as for any marketing and promotions.
- The winners may be requested to provide their names for publicity purposes. The name of the winners and their pictures may be re-posted on Massmart various Social Media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Massmart reserve the right to cancel the Competition, to change the number or type of prizes at anytime during the Competition, in the event that there are any unforeseen circumstances or causes outside of the reasonable control of Massmart.
- The entrant hereby consents to Massmart supplying the entrants personal information and contact details to any third party service provider to assist with the administration of the Competition as well as to contact the entrant for providing the results of the Competition and to arrange delivery to the winners of the prizes.
- The winner shall be disqualified from the Competition in the event that any of his/her accounts with any of the divisions of Massmart is in arrears at the time of the draw. A new winner will be drawn by the independent auditing firm.
- In the event that Massmart is unable to contact the selected winner within 2 (two) weeks from the
date of the draw then another winner shall be selected by a random draw and in compliance with
clause 13 above.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Competition judges and Massmart is final and
binding, and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- By entering the Competition, the entrant acknowledges that he/she is entering a promotional
competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (hereinafter referred to
as “CPA”) and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the CPA. The
winner of the Competition undertakes to do all things necessary to enable Massmart to comply
with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing any personal information
as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of
address and identity number) and signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- Massmart reserves the right to cancel the Competition, to change the number or type of prizes
at anytime during the Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, the prize winner agrees to indemnify Massmart, and
release and hold Massmart harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims
and actions of any kind in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance
and participation in the Competition including, but not limited to, any personal injuries,
death, damage to property and claims based on defamation or invasion of privacy.