What Massmart Do With Personal Information
Massmart uses the personal information you submit in order to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website.
Massmart is not responsible for the personally identifiable, profile, or location information that you choose to disclose submit to Massmart using the Website. If you remove information that you posted through or to the Website, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
By providing Massmart with your email address you consent to Massmart using the email address to send you Website-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by post or in person. Massmart may also use your email address or mobile phone number to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Website, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your profile. Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. If you correspond with Massmart by email, Massmart may retain the content of your email messages and Massmart's responses.
Massmart may use certain information about you and/or your content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. Massmart does this for purposes such as analysing how the Website is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalising content.
Massmart collects, stores and uses the Personal Information described in order to (but not limited to the following) –
- Enable you to make use of the Website;
- Give you meaningful Website access;
- Communicate requested information to you, for example through User alerts;
- Compile and maintain a Website and User database;
- Register and/or authenticate Users of and/or visitors to the Website;
- Identify and take reasonable measures to prevent fraudulent uses of or access to the Website;
- Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the Website;
- Attract advertisers by showing anonymised information about the database, for example demographics;
- Track database size and growth; and
- Track compliance of registrants and third parties with these terms and conditions.
Personal Information protection, disclosure and termination
Personal information collected from you may be deleted from the Website and User databases Massmart compiles when your account on the Website is terminated for any reason.
Massmart may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell the information subject to the following:
- Massmart shall not disclose Personal Information unless the person from whom the Personal Information is collected, consents thereto;
- Massmart shall disclose the information without your consent only where Massmart is compelled to do so by law; and
- Massmart may compile, use and share any of the information that does not relate to a specific individual.
In the event that your Personal Information is inaccurately or incompletely reflected on the Website, you agree that it is your responsibility to notify Massmart of this fact and to supply Massmart with the accurate or complete information to enable Massmart to address your concerns. Please refer to Massmart's Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual regarding your Personal Information which Massmart may have collected and/or processed.