- Overseeing the effectiveness of the Group’s internal control systems.
- Reviewing the scope and effectiveness of the external and internal audit functions.
- Ensuring that adequate accounting records have been maintained.
- Ensuring the appropriate accounting policies have been adopted and consistently applied.
- Overseeing the quality and integrity of the Annual Financial Statements.
- Testing that the Group’s going-concern assertion remains appropriate.
NN Gwagwa, R Kgosana, P Langeni
- Reviewing and reporting on compliance with King III.
- Overseeing the Group’s risk management programme as contemplated in King III.
NN Gwagwa, G Hayward, R Kgosana, P Langeni, J van Lierop, N Gray, D Moodley, M Spivey
- Assessment, recruitment and nomination of new Executive and non-Executive Directors.
- Making recommendations as to the composition of the Board.
- Formulating succession plans for the approval of the Board for the appointment of new Executive and non-Executive Directors, including the Chairman, CEO and the Group’s Executives.
E Ostalé (member from 24/02/16), CS Seabrooke, (S Broader member until 09/11/15)
- Designing, monitoring and communicating the Group’s remuneration policies.
- Considering and approving Executive remuneration including short- and long-term incentives.
K Dlamini, E Ostalé (member from 24/02/16), (S. Broader member until 09/11/15)
- Assists the Group with its responsibility towards sustainability with respect to practices that are consistent with good corporate citizenship.
- Considers the Group’s standing in terms of consumer relationships, with particular attention to the United Nations Global Compact Principles and the OECD recommendations concerning corruption.
- Considers the Group’s contribution to the social and economic development within our communities.
- Monitoring the Group’s activities relating to labour and employment, the environment, health and public safety, and consumer relationships.
G Hayward, JP Suarez