- Overseeing the effectiveness of the Group’s internal control systems.
- Reviewing the scope and effectiveness of the external and internal audit functions.
- Ensuring that adequate accounting records have been maintained.
- Ensuring the appropriate accounting policies have been adopted and consistently applied.
- Overseeing the quality and integrity of the annual financial statements.
- Testing that the Group’s going-concern assertion remains appropriate.
Lulu Gwagwa, Phumzile Langeni
- Reviewing and reporting on compliance with King III.
- Overseeing the Group’s risk management programme as contemplated in King III.
Norman Gray, Lulu Gwagwa,
Guy Hayward, Phumzile Langeni,
Mike Spivey, Johannes van Lierop*
- Assessment, recruitment and nomination of new executive and non-executive directors.
- Making recommendations as to the composition of the Board.
- Formulating succession plans for the approval of the Board for the appointment of new executive and non-executive Directors, including the Chairperson, CEO and the Group’s Executives.
Shelley Broader, Chris Seabrooke
- Designing, monitoring and communicating the Group’s remuneration policies.
- Considering and approving executive remuneration including short- and long-term incentives.
Shelley Broader, Kuseni Dlamini
- Assists the Group with its responsibility towards sustainability with respect to practices that are consistent with good corporate citizenship.
- Considers the Group’s standing in terms of consumer relationships, with particular attention to the United Nations Global Compact Principles and the OECD recommendations concerning corruption.
- Considers the Group’s contribution to the social and economic development within our communities.
- Monitoring the Group’s activities relating to labour and employment, the environment, health and public safety, and consumer relationships.
Guy Hayward, JP Suarez